We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
Roane Regional Business & Technology Park is the site of Volkswagen’s newest parts & distribution center
Tennessee's Roane County is now the home of Volkswagen's new Southeastern Regional Distribution Center (SERDC), officially opened June 25, 2013.
This new facility is the only silver LEED-certified distribution facility in the world.
The 459,000-plus square foot facility was built on 54.6 acres on Industrial Park Road at the entrance to Roane Regional Business and Technology Park (RRBTP) on I-40 (Exit #362).
The Volkswagen Group of America’s Roane facility will be used first as a redistribution center (RDC), servicing warehouses, but will then become a parts distribution center (PDC), serving more than 100 dealers in the surrounding regions as well as the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Regional Distribution Center Facts
The PDC will distribute parts to approximately 122 Volkswagen and Audi dealers in the Southeast.
The RDC will support US, Canada, Mexico; first, Volkswagen U.S. facility exporting parts globally. The RDC will distribute all New Passat domestic parts.
The new PDC will provide warehouse space for forecasted market sales growth.
Roane Regional Business and Technology Park (RRBTP)
Acreage: VWGoA Site - 54.6 acres
Location fronts the interstate (I-40); only 5 minutes from the I-75 corridor site; bordered to the north by the Clinch River and to the south by Interstate 40
- New PDC will bring a minimum of 45 new plant jobs to the area.
- Estimated construction labor employment impact to exceed $10 million.
- Construction workforce timeline (approx. 1 year): An average of 55 onsite; 28 offsite for approximately six months of project; In peak time, an average of 110 onsite and 56 offsite for approximately six months.
- Continued economic stimulus and development for Tennessee, along with Chattanooga facility that employs 2,700 employees.
- 400,000 Square Feet (37,161 Square Meters)
- One operation supporting two functions, Redistribution Center and Parts Distribution Center.
- Construction Management: Panattoni Construction, based in Nashville, TN
$40 million - Volkswagen Group of America investment
VWGOA OPERATIONS SNAPSHOT
- Headquartered in Herndon, VA
- U.S. manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tenn., a LEED Platinum certified facility recently announced 200 additional jobs, adding to the total with 2,700 jobs
- In 2011, the Volkswagen Group sold 444,192 vehicles in the U.S., a 23.3 percent increase from 2010, the best sales year since 2002
- In 2011, the Volkswagen Group sold over $1.19 billion worth of parts to our dealer network
- 4,300 corporate, subsidiary and regional team members
- 30,000 dealer team members
- 10,000 more supplier-related jobs
- 940 dealer locations in all 50 states
- 20 corporate/subsidiary locations
- 11 regional dealer support offices