We plan and implement strategies for the controlled growth of Roane County’s economy as a unified voice representing the best Tennessee has to offer businesses, citizens and travelers.Visit Site
We bring growth-oriented businesses with strong ﬁscal discipline, infrastructure and workforce-ready people to East Tennessee.Visit Site
We attract travelers who seek unique heritage and the best outdoor recreational experiences to Roane County.Visit Site
We connect leaders and organizations for the beneﬁt of local and regional business growth.Visit Site
We empower leaders, parents and students to invest in education, so they are better prepared to fulﬁll the workforce opportunities of Roane County’s future.Visit Site
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living, distinguishing Roane County as one of the best retirement destinations in the nation.Visit Site
1. Low cost of doing business relative to the rest of the country
2. Low cost of living- lower cost for property and taxes than most of the U.S.
3. Exceptional workforce- 75 year legacy of the most technically proficient workforce in the country
4. 4 True Seasons- A mild climate with very few extremes
5. Cost of Power- Tennessee Valley Authority provides one of the most reliable sources of electricity with very affordable rates relative to the rest of the country
6. Location- 2 major interstates with a one day's drive over half the country
7. Scenic beauty- East Tennessee is one of the most beautiful places on the planet
8. Pro-business governments- Local, state and federally elected officials team up to help make your business succeed
9. People who will bend over backward to help you succeed
10. A small town atmosphere ideal for raising a family adjacent to a large city with all of the amenities.
Our environment promotes job creation, economic development, enhanced quality of life, and education and workforce development.
Home to Oak Ridge’s cutting-edge technology research and development, Roane County is experiencing growth county-wide.
Our Workforce Development Council connects businesses with educators in order to meet workforce needs and prepare our future workforce.
We focus on work-based learning, career and technical education opportunities, co-ops and apprenticeships as positive ways to impact our community.
Roane County is building on its foundation of success through partnerships, grants and other incentives.
Among recent achievements are a TVA grant, the establishment of Manhattan Project National Historical Park and the upcoming opening of a CVMR facility.
Roane County is set in the Knoxville-Oak Ridge Innovation Valley, home to an abundance of industrial park acreage.
The Volkswagen Passat distribution center underscores Roane as a prime location for logistics and distribution.
In Roane County, we enjoy and appreciate our beautiful setting on Watts Bar Lake, with the backdrop of the Smoky Mountains, and the recreation it affords.
We offer natural beauty, historic charm and low-cost living,